| Safety Glasses
| Tool Information
|| Eye protection
| Other Names:
|| not forehead protectors
Safety glasses should be used whenever people are using tools or robots in the vicinity of an area. Your eyes are important.
- Grab a pair of safety glasses from the communal bin of glasses, or bring your own pair that conforms to a safety standard like ANSI Z87+.
- Place the glasses comfortably so that they are in front of your eyes.
- Keep them on until you are no longer in an area with a high risk of eye injury.
- There are safety glasses that fit over prescription glasses. Team 449 has a few pairs, but if you want them reliably, get your own. Make sure they conform to ANSI Z87 or Z87+ standards.
- You should still be careful with tools, especially power tools. No amount of safety equipment will stop someone from getting injured if they are sufficiently careless.